Story Time for 3s & 4s
Register for the 2017-18 session online, in person, or over the phone (847-2670) beginning September 7.
Story Time for 3s & 4s is for three and four-year-olds who are not in all-day school. Sessions are designed to provide children with experiences that enrich their early literacy and social development. A "typical" story time consists of sharing stories in a variety of forms, finger games, music and movement activities, simple creative dramatics, and occasional art projects.
Story time is on Thursday afternoons from 1:30 - 2:00 p.m. from mid-September through April, with a break in December.
Registration is required and is ongoing - you can register at any point during the year. Register by calling 847-2670 or online via the Events Calendar by clicking on any Story Time for 3s & 4s date and filling out the form.
There are a few things we'd like you to know before you come to story time:
- Arrive at least five minutes early so that children can get settled. Please have your child “check-in” with the librarian and find their name tag before story hour.
- Story hour sessions are a special time for young children to interact with other children their own age and adults outside of the family. Adults and children of different ages tend to create distractions for the story group. For that reason we ask that parents and siblings do not stay inside the Story Room during the session. You may check on your child by glancing through the Story Room window. If you do not feel that your child is ready to be left alone, please talk to Heide before story time.
- Please let us know if your child will be absent for several weeks or if you plan to stop bringing your child to story hour.
- If your child has health conditions, fears, or other issues you feel we should know about, please talk with us about them.
- We encourage you to enjoy other areas of the library while your child is in story time. Please be considerate of other library users. Make sure siblings are supervised while in other areas of the library.