Wisconsin's Digital Library
GET STARTED WITH E-BOOKS IN THREE STEPS
E-books are made available through Wisconsin’s Digital Library.
- Find e-books and digital audiobooks by visiting CountyCat (SEE BELOW FOR HOW-TO VIDEO) or Wisconsin’s Digital Library.
- Sign in to check out: Sign in to your library account in CountyCat or via the Digital Library using your library card number and PIN in order to instantly borrow items.
- Borrow and read: Every device used for e-reading relies on a slightly different way of downloading e-books. Read the instruction pages linked below to learn about using e-books or digital audiobooks on your particular device. OR read e-books instantly in your Internet browser using OverDrive READ – no e-reading device required. Look for “OverDrive READ” in the “Available Formats” list in Wisconsin's Digital Library to find these titles.
Watch this video to learn more about checking out e-books right from the Milwaukee County library catalog, CountyCat:
COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING LIBRARY E-BOOKS
Choose your device from the list below:
- Nook (NOT Color or HD), Kobo or Sony Reader
- OverDrive App on an iOS device (iPad, iPhone), Kindle Fire, Android or Windows phone or tablet
- Kindle (Excluding Kindle Fire)
- MP3 Player
Don’t see your device listed? Look at the OverDrive Help Device Resource Center to learn how you can use library e-books with your device.
NEED MORE HELP?
Bring your device to Shorewood Library and a Librarian can help you get started with e-books - or drop in during one of our Digital Downloads 101 sessions to have hands-on guidance. Visit the OverDrive Help page for video tutorials.